Many families struggle with this decision for their loved one. Insurance will not pay for therapy services when a patient begins with hospice care. Often times, hospice doesn’t mean end of life-just a time where added support and comfort measures are necessary.
At In Home Senior Fitness, we understand how difficult this decision can be. We are a private pay service; therefore, we can provide rehabilitative activities and exercise to hospice patients. Here are several reasons why an IHSF trainer/therapist can be beneficial while receiving hospice care:
* Maximizes the patient’s functional ability and comfort
* May help control some of the symptoms of your illness or treatment
* Provides education for the family or caregivers on comfort measures and bed positioning
* Improves quality of life physically and mentally
* Pain management through preventing pressure sores and contractures
* Aids in digestion and breathing
The importance of rehabilitative activity and exercise is increasingly recognized as a key component in hospice and palliative care. It plays a special role in maximizing functional ability and comfort to enhance the quality of life for hospice patients, while providing support for their family.
Whether you are navigating through this decision or ready to add a fitness regime to you or your loved one’s life, In Home Senior Fitness is qualified to help all levels of fitness and rehabilitative needs during all phases of a senior’s life.
Have long-term care insurance? Ask us about reimbursement!
For more information about In Home Senior Fitness:
(813) 802-8049 | (727) 434-3085
Bradenton | Clearwater | Daytona Beach | Orlando | Sarasota | St. Petersburg | Sun City Center | Tampa | The Villages | Virtual